Wednesday 15 April 2015

Hatchling Hearts

Hello again, it's been a long time I know but things are very hectic here at Everitt towers. As you may know I combine my personal embroidery with making masonic banners and both sides of my work are demanding my attention. I wouldn't have it any other way and feel so fortunate to be able to make a modest living doing what I love.

Anyway new ideas are always around, sometimes I get an idea and even though I have other things to do I have to have a 'play'. One of these ideas are my hatchling hearts, these started as a gift idea for Mothers' Day. They are a soft padded heart with a ribbon hanger designed to hold your butterfly brooch when it's not being worn. I always feel a bit disappointed that brooches are kept in a drawer.
So the hatchling hanging heart holder was born, catchy name don't you think ?
The first hearts were made in calico, with toning embroidery and lots of hand beading. I had great fun matching them to butterflies. I'm delighted to say they were a great success.
 
After a little more experimentation, I made my first linen heart. I LOVE natural fabrics and I added a different shaped butterfly, the Liberty swallowtail.


Further developments have been adding dried lavender flowers to the cotton wadding, a new Heather Everitt Embroidery woven label for the reverse and special gift boxes.
There are a couple in my Etsy shop at the moment and I am currently working on a big retail order. So pleased when 'an idea' works out !
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/227720549/beautiful-embroidered-heart-with-silk?ref=shop_home_active_12

No comments:

Post a Comment